SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, 15 April 2016

Exam stress- Tips and Advice





Hello!!

As exam season is approaching I thought i'd do a post which might be able to help some people when revising for exams whether it's Gcse's or A levels. Of course what works for some people might not work for others, so I hope this can be beneficial in some way to you.

A few of my revision tips that I'd like to share are:
  • Try to make sure you don't revise the same subject for more than 20 minutes at a time, this is because after this length of time you will start to get bored and lose concentration (at least I know I do)
  • As hard as it may be try and turn of your phone whilst revising this will enable you to focus on the work you are doing instead of looking what people have posted on Instagram etc.
  • Colour coordinating notes, this can help your notes to be more memorable and help them to sink in quicker.
  • I find creating a clear revision timetable to be helpful, this just tells me at what time im going to be doing a certain subject and how long for, it stops me from being distracted and forgetting to revise a certain subject.
  • I also like sticking revision posters around my room, this can be helpful for remembering equations in maths and definitions of words for science.
  • Lastly past papers are a massive help, although sitting and answering exam questions may seem like a chore it can be a massive help to preparing yourself for the real exam, Whats also helpful is on all exam boards websites you can find the mark schemes which means you can see which areas are in need of improvement.
A bit of advice I have found useful when I've been revising is :

  • Make sure you take the time to De-stress at night, whether its watching your favourite film with some lovely snacks or having a hot bubble bath, By making sure you De-stress it will put you in a happier mood which is important when revising.
  • Try and have an early night, there's nothing worse then being groggy and tired at school the next day because you've been up all night on Facebook, You will feel a lot more refreshed by having an early night and getting the sleep you need.
  • Take the time in between to spend time with your friends and remember you're all going through the same things and you never know you could even help each other.
Hope this helps you in some way, what are your revision tips?

Post a Comment