SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, 29 June 2016

Summer makeup tips!




Hello everyone, for today's post I thought as we are heading into my favourite season which is summer and the weather is slowly picking up I would do a summery post. I just want to start by saying these tips are all my own opinions and what works for some people doesn't for others.

1. Use a primer - Primer is quite a new addition to my makeup routine as I find it helps to keep my makeup intact and in place for a larger period of time, My favourite is the Nivea mens post shave balm. ( I know what you're thinking, why is she using mens post have balm as a primer) It works really well at making your makeup stick to it as it has Glycerin in it.

2. Use an spf - In the summer when you spend a lot more time outside you need to make sure you are applying sunscreen on your face as well as your body, this will prevent it from burning. I like to use a BB cream with spf such as the Rimmel London BB cream.

3. Wear a lighter base - In the summer instead of wearing a heavy foundation i like to use a BB cream or tinted moisturiser as it allows your skin to breathe but still provides you with some coverage.

4. Bronzed Goddess - Summer is a great time to go wild with your bronzer ( Not so you look orange though ) It adds the colour and warmth into your face and makes your complexion look more radiant and healthy.

5. Waterproof mascara - In the hotter weather I find this works better as you don't get them horrid smudge marks underneath your eyes  which everyone who wears makeup hates.

6. Don't overdo the highlight - As much as I love wearing highlighter and having a nice glow, in the summer you don't want to end up looking a hot, shiny  sweaty mess.

7. Satin not matte - I find like my base I prefer a lighter weight lipstick so I often opt for the satin pink/peachy colours instead of my usual darker brown thick matte lips.

For me in the summer I find less is more!

Q- What summer makeup tips do you have?

Tasha x
Post a Comment