SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Review : L'oreal infallible 24hr foundation!




Today I wanted to share with you my thoughts on a new foundation which I picked up recently when browsing through superdrug on my dinner at college. I had previously seen a few you tubers raving about this foundation and thought i'd give it ago.

I just wanted to tell you a little bit about my skin type and tone before I tell you my thoughts for anyone who has similar, I have combination to oily skin and am very pale. My skin has a neutral undertone to it which means that it's not overly pink or yellow toned it's abit of a mixture. I have blemished prone skin which means I like a full coverage look when it comes to foundation.

The positives:

  • I really like the packaging of this product, I think it looks really sleek and it comes with a pump which is always super handy.  
  • I find this foundation so easy to blend into the skin, I do have to use a primer before applying this or it does tend to slide around.
  • It's really build able coverage and not cakey looking at all. I find using a flat top foundation brush gives the fullest coverage, or if you want a more medium coverage I like to use a damp beauty blender to sheer it out.
  • I find because it's a full coverage foundation I don't need to use a concealer aswell which is great when you're in a rush.
  • It's a semi matte finish and I never have to set it with powder and it stays in place all day.
  • Super affordable and very comparable in formula to the Clinique 2-1 beyond perfecting foundation.
The negatives:

  • The shade variety is really hard to choose from as the shades look completely different in the bottle to on the skin, so make sure you try a tester beforehand.
  • I find this foundation oxides on my skin, if you're a pale girl like me definitely get the lightest shade possible.
  • This foundation does have quite a strong yellow undertone to it, so if you're more on the pink tone I would stay clear of this one.

Overall I really like the finish it gives to my skin and even though it's full coverage , it looks natural on my skin. I find this is perfect for covering any redness or imperfections that you may have and lastly it's super affordable retailing at £9.99.

I'd love to know in the comment's if you have tried this foundation before and your thoughts on it.

Tasha 
xox
Post a Comment